FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Regure emerald...going to try fruit\seed eating mice.
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
Keith Campbell
Regurge emerald...going to try fruit\seed eating mice.

Hey Ya'll-
I got to talk to David Button, and he was plenty eager to help. It sounds like he is out of the FS mice at the moment, and he is working with hairless rats now. I'm trying to round up a few mice to start this project for my emmys. I'd like to find Swiss mice (large litter size) if possible, but been having trouble tracking some down. At very least some healthy, parasite free mice would be nice to start. My gal with the problem (northern import 3-4 ft), originally was housed in a 3 ft. Neodesha w.2 34in. dowels. I had a 23wt.=100wt. output florescent bulb on her, heat under water bowl, temps ranged 77-88 on perches day time night time 76, w.plenty humidity and air flow. She is quarantined in my bedroom (low traffic). After her first regurge (large mouse), I thought she may have been to cold. I added a 40 wt. to this a week before her second feeding, raising her hot spot to 95. She ate a regular mouse three weeks after the first, then regurged a week after. I'm now thinking that may have been too warm and that her belly was swelling\digesting too fast. She is now kept in a Barr's pvc 16x16x20 enclosure w. 3 dowels 34 in. varied height. Heat pad under half with water, and 40wt. bulb. Day temps range 82-92 on perches night time 79. Am I still too warm? What do ya'll think? I'd appreciate any info.