FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - For Sale FIRST TIME OFFERED IN THE USA, ISTAT Pulse Plus thermostats
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
beanie
Fail safe

I've had quite a few inquiries about these new thermostats and any fail safes they have so I'd like to go into detail so people have an idea how advanced the ISTAT Pulse Plus is.

Inside each unit there are 2 micro-controllers,if they loose connection with each other the thermostat turns off the heat. These units also have over temperature shut offs that work the same way. If it gets hotter than the required temp, all heat is shut off.

There are further fail safes built into the probe. Inside the probe, there are 2 digital sensors. Those sensors need to speak with the main controller in order for it not to go into safe mode. If the sensor looses communication then the heat is shut off.

Another safety feature of this unit is its ability to "sense" a fallen probe. Once the temperature has reached its target it will set a "flag" internally.If there is a sudden drop in temperature, i.e because the probe has been relocated (fallen), it will try to correct the problem for 30 minutes. If it cannot correct it, it will shut off the heat.

With all theses features in place, if the unit ever fails, it will fail resulting in the heat source being cut off instead of running full blast, risking animals or eggs dying from excess heat.