FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - IL call to action new law affecting ALL animals
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #6
NARBC
Are You Guys Kidding Me????????????????

This doesnt effect us????????? That is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard. This is the problem with our industry. Why is it not your problem? Do you attend herp shows? Yes? Well not if this passes. Do you ever ship in herps from breeders? Not any more if this passes. Do you think if this passes they will stop there? No way! This is simple incrementalism (forgive the spelling) they are going to keep coming after us guys. We can all be seperate and fight when it effects us directly or get together and fight each and every law as a united industry. What do you think will work better? Stirring up the pot you say?????? Thats rediculous......the pot is boiling over.......we are losing our rights every day in one city or another guys. You think sitting there and hiding and not speaking up is the way to keep laws from getting passed? Or even better speak up and slam someone when they protest or attempt to fight????? Yes......I own a store and Im licensed......so it does effect me......but if I cant sell herps how do you expect people to buy them????? How do feed your stuff? Is it all bred here in Illinois? It better be.....because I dont see people getting health certs for feeders.....and thats how the law reads. Do you think that PIJAC being very concerned over this proposed law is reason for you to worry a little???? Do you think if this passes the big breeders are going to ship into our state??? I can tell you right now......NO WAY!!! Too much liability (risk) on their part for the reward of shipping. Wake up people.......we are losing ground fast. We cannot expect others to fight.....we all need to fight.

Brian Potter
Chicago Reptile House
North American Reptile Breeders Conf & Trade Show