FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #32
nickolasanastasiou
Thank you, Shannon. That explanation is appreciated and your logic regarding a simple means of offering some evidence likely echoes in the minds of multiple folks reading this.

----------------------------------------------------

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 8:54 PM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
Your fantasies are fascinating to me, Darik.

The last thing I bred were some elegans, the offspring of whom were sold to a local fellow with an appreciation for nice chelonians. He has local friends with interests and appreciation to match.

A hoarder would not sell things off, by the way, as a hoarder is governed by an effectively compulsive drive to accumulate.

To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: Hypo CH/RF hatchlings

i do not believe your claims of having enough knowledge or skill to be successful breed anything , i don't believe that you really have sold the real het sunsethypos ,i do believe your are a hoarder of tortoises and reptiles and are overwhelmed and trying to dump a bunch of sick animals prove it otherwise to me ,your hole theory is that there is not enough sale's of hypos . you are not believable at any level and you have proved it with your careless actions . you have carelessly tried to smear my reputation and i suppose you want me to be real careful with yours.

------------------------------------------------------

Darik apparently has an active imagination. The one thing I often mention to folks is how I seek to avoid becoming encumbered by too large a colelction because we have relatively harsh winters here for tortoises that mostly do not engage in brumation in their natural habitats.

As for the false assertion of not breeding, well, I explained it above. I sell all of my offspring these days and I resell roughly half or more of whatever I buy as I constantly configure and then reconfigure my projects, their numbers and sizes, and their directions to optimize for my plans and resources. I would imagine most keepers with a bit of size to their collections do the same.

For fun, here are four shots of some of the aforementioned elegans babies I was fortunate enough to produce here in late 2013. Not especially relevant, but they do refute the false claim (of many now, it seems) that I have not been successful breeding anything. There are other species (and a morph) that I also breed here and there, but this example should suffice.
Attached Images