FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Inquiry BallBids.com?
Thread: Inquiry BallBids.com?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #85
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviBallBids View Post

We realize that there is nothing we can do or say to ease every person's fears. The best we can do is admit our faults where admission is due, and make changes to our service and guarantees as promised.
I had hoped that the lie-based banners would have been pulled as I suggested. Unfortunately, I just now saw the same banner ad, picturing snakes showing 'sold' for too-good-to-be-true prices.

I think that many businesses are wildly successful based on people's hopes and dreams, especially in this economy, for a windfall, a little good fortune. The ponzi schemes, and other scams built by businesses a lot bigger than this one, succeeded because people wanted to believe they could get something for nothing.
Right now, many people have next to nothing through no fault of their own, and glossy false ads that are made to prey on their hopes are sadly working all too well.

When the businesses inevitably crumbled, they hurt the little people, the people who believed in the magic that for a few pennies they could somehow have riches beyond their dreams.

I personally think that to build a quality collection one has to buy quality stock from reputable breeders. Quality is expensive, the breeders often take many years for projects, all the while feeding and housing their stock. There are few short cuts.

One could say that all this is entertainment and gambling. I gamble, I buy lottery tickets from time to time, it is a harmless pastime.

But there are no live critters involved. Here, there are troubling questions involving shipping and quarantine. It is not all innocent pastime when the life of critters are involved.

As has been said earlier, many will not choose to believe the glib assurances of a business launched on lies.

I fervidly, genuinely hope that for all of you, the New Year brings prosperity. We are all sick and tired of scraping pennies together in this faltering economy.
But for now, if you have a few pennies, you might want to think twice before giving them to Ballbids.