FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Evan Stahl - Sent Me Sick Pine Snakes
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 07:14 AM   #22
cbaker81
You are exactly right about the cost and the fact that the vets in my area are reptile illiterate.

I also hate throwing good money after bad. These guys never had the health/vigor my other babies display.

Evan stated that he had these snakes in his care for months before sending them to me, but when I received them they were as small as newly hatched southerns.

"They were produced by an excellent breeder and were fed by him multiple times. I then held them here and they ate weekly on frozen thawed fuzzy mice for almost two months before i sold them"

There is no way these 2 snakes were eating fuzzy mice for 2 months before coming to me! I would think 2 months of no growth with such large meals would maybe be an indicator to an experienced seller that there is an issue.

I fed the female and gave her another does of flagyl on the 1st. She has kept down the meal and pooped out some runny/smelly grayness that was from the meal before. This morning I observed here drinking water as well. Maybe she is on the right path now.