FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ohio state law issues
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 01:45 PM   #29
Glenn Bartley
My guess is you will not discuss the matter further because you likely cannot argue successfully your having bought the turtle when you knew the sale was illegal, nor could you likely argue successfully the purchase being ok for you to make but not for others to make, nor can you likely argue successfully your allowing the seller to make a sale to you and not to ohers, and nor can you likely successfully argue your keeping of the turtle that was acquired by an illegal sale of which you had fulll knowlege and participation. Most of all though, I am sure that you do not want your thoughts on this matter posted here for all to see because of the possible ridicule your ideas on this matter may incur.

By the way, I could believe that what you would say to be correct, that is if you said something that was right. For instance, I believe your story of the turtle sale, and of the possibly poor conditions under which they were kept. And I believe you bought one with a shell infection. Why would you think I don't believe all that? It is precisely because I do believe all of it, that I have arrived at the conclusion that what you have done is quite possibly legally wrong, and is in my opion, most definitely morally wrong, regarding your purchase of the turtle.

I can assure you I will not argue the issue any further; however, I may be required to act on it.

Sincerely,
Glenn Bartley