FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Chickens as Pets?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
I love your video, chickens are so relaxing to watch. I used to hang out on the backyardchickens.com forum!
Thanks!! Yeah, i love watching the girls and boys when i have them out free ranging. Its great to see the girls fluff up at the boys too, tell em whos REALLY boss

I think my favorite roo, personally, is my RIR boy. ( I have three, all raised together, so they pretty much all get along VERY well.) He is pretty laid back and just darned pretty. I have a silkie mix Roo from TSC and a pure silkie as well that i hatched, all three are very people friendly, overall. We get anywhere from 7-15 eggs a day usually. Though its generally around 10 every day and just on and off days inbetween. The Silkie mixes are seriously hefty layers, i was not expecting them to be such machines. Our crested polish are pretty intense too, i figured they would not lay as heavily as they do. The cresteds are NUTTY birds. I love them, but watching them interact with the others is kind of amusing! They will just be foraging, and then BAM RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES FLAPPING. Ill have to get video of that one of these days!

Our most powerful layers are the RIR cross girls called "red stars" from TSC And our, Australorp crosses called "Black Stars" I dont think those girls have taken any days off since they started laying, honestly. These are birds i have a strong feeling lay 340 days of the year. Docile and sweet as can be, to boot. I have nothing but praises for those birds!