FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
Thread: Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 07:47 PM   #1475
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (The M) View Post
He didn't, though. He was pretty willfully obtuse by the end of it. When he said, "send me your address, etc." and continued to say, "you will receive albino tegu", all he had to do was say, "yes, I produced it" when Michelle pressed on its origin.

Ty could have even gone as far to say, it's the same genetic lineage, etc. and things would not be where they are now.

I typically don't sell things anymore, because I'm not a people person. If I put an ad out, I try to answer all the general questions in the ad. I'm not a breeder, I am a hobbyist who on occasion has things to sell, either produced by me or someone else. Once I've been asked one too many questions that are either already answered in the ad, or it seems the person is going to be high maintenance, I shut down. Ty did the same. When you position yourself to be a man of the reptile people, you don't really have that option.

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the soup restaurant. "Too many questions, NO TEGU FOR YOU!"

He definitely relied on semantics. The raffle said, "you will get a tegu produced by me, if not, I'll pay you $3k."

Then it was, "I said if I did not produce any albinos. I did produce albinos, just not albino BLUES."

While I do not agree with how Michelle has handled every aspect along the way. For example, this was not a scam. I didn't agree with contacting another charity raffle, and say "I hope he doesn't scam them out of their prize." There are clear actions that both took, that snowballed the chain of events. That's not a scam, it's a pissing contest. Regardless of my personal opinion, she is still not wrong in her claims that he owes her.

If Ty is a "to the letter" guy, then it's ok for Michelle to be a "to the letter" woman. If she was just after 3k, I imagine this would have been over long ago, because she just could've taken the tegu he was going to give her, then turn around and sell it as "Ty Park line" for its market value.

You have brought up some points about what the raffle did or didn't say. The industry has some inherent standards of conduct. Unless you're a distributor who has bins full of the species in question, you typically get a picture of the animal you're getting.

If Ty had posted pictures of the babies he produced (which he often does), and provided Michelle a picture of one of them, it's evident to say she would have trusted him.

Those aren't the things being judged. What is being judged is whether or not Michelle has been made whole by the contract she entered into. In no uncertain terms, she has not refused anything, other than a consolation prize, which was never part of the terms.

Again, I don't agree with everything, on either side. But let's not conflate one issue into another. You're really just making this thread more useless to provide a case. Take the back and forth to PMs.

Michelle... dude has one thing right. If Ty is trying a libel case against you... STOP. RESPONDING. TO. NONSENSE.

Pet a sugar glider.
I have to wonder if your post would be different if you were in the OP's shoes. I am a locality specific type of guy. I like the know the history of the animals I buy for my personal collection. While I am on board with much of your post, the "pet a sugar glider" comment turned your post from somewhat respectable to biased and condescending.