FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Underground Reptiles
Thread: Bad Guy Underground Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I wouldn't say Underground Reptiles has a good reputation. Even on here, threads bounce between positive purchases and outright horrible experiences (especially with disease issues). I have also seen advertisements with clearly mislabeled animals. In particular, I remember them selling a "Sinaloan" milk snake that was clearly a hybrid animal here on Faunaclassifieds. They also sold wild caught Nerodia that later tested positive for the deadly snake fungal disease. Indeed, the water snake photo they use to advertise for wild caught animals exhibits lesions characteristics of snake fungal disease. Most recently they sold a green tree python to a customer at the Daytona show in 2017 that died and tested positive for nidovirus (this is on the Facebook FBI page posted by Gracie Graves out of Tallahassee, you can read about it here). Granted, they did offer a replacement or store credit, but who honestly wants a replacement or store credit from a business who sold you a diseased snake?

There are also several negative threads on Underground Reptiles here in the Board of Inquiry. In short, they do not have as positive a reputation as you may think, and many folks consider purchasing from them a gamble.
Agreed. I appreciate the show of good customer service in this thread, but I wouldn't buy from a seller that regularly sends out diseased animals to begin with. You don't have to sacrifice good customer service to get healthy animals, or vice versa.