FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #241
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas View Post
So Elizabeth contracted mites from Ashley's snakes, messaged her, and Ashley admitted she was having a mite problem or that they at least COULD have come from her (If Im reading correctly, 4 pages of info kinda messes with the brain) but is STILL selling snakes that have mites that will more than likely spread to the rest of her buyers collection? Even if IBD wasn't a risk in her collection, shouldn't she shut down ANYWAY because of the mites?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm reading it right, there's been mites in her collection on and off since early 2009, and the mites are STILL a problem. Makes me wonder if they've been there all along.

I know mites are a biotch to get rid of, but there's NO excuse for this problem to be ongoing for that long.

If the snakes have mites, you shouldn't be dragging them out every other day for photos, and dragging them off to pet stores for "reptile education" http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...burm-pics.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas
And props to Adrya. It was harsh but needed as so far Ashley is being completely flippant about the whole thing. Yes I saw she FINALLY 'shut everything down.' But it took way too long, took way too many people calling her out...
I completely understand the anger & frustration on Adrya's part. She has been experiencing all of this firsthand in her own collection.

This is certainly NOT the first place all this was brought out, it's been mentioned several times over the last couple of years, and callously ignored, and business as usual...

I seriously doubt the selling/acquiring is over. I think it's a compulsion based on things I've read. I'm not doc, so it's just my opinion.

What a mess.