FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - help mouth rot!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #6
puertorab
hey

hey im in brooklyn new york near the city. heres what i know. she has a terrible scar/injury thats directly located on the tip front of her bottom jaw. then all around the mouth you can notice some white stuff building up and when i remove these white stuff there looks to be little holes. i believe the injury caused an infection in the mouth which is now spreading. she is being housed in a plastic bin because we wanted to seperate her from her mate. but before the bin she was housed in a 90 gallon tank with an undertank heater and a basking light.she is about 2.5 to 3 feet in length. she also very big. she is feeding on dog food and often a boiled egg. she will not take mice, rats, pinkies or crickets or anything that moves. she did take one cricket once but thats it. the bedding i used was crushed walnut but im changing it to wood chippings. i noticed that it gets in her mouth and when i open her mouth up i see that there is some of the walnut in the wounds/ holes she has where the white spots are located. by the way there is no need for heat to get pumped up to make her open her mouth because this lil woman here is quite angry and will open her mouth when grabbed but she does settle down and wont bite. she just does this to scare me but it doesnt work so shes gets calm after a while. if you have anymore questions please do ask. by the way thanks for all the help guys. the savannah isnt really mine its my brothers but i gave him enough money and now were taking her to the vet. one more thing i was treating her for these injuries or what ever they are with a bird medication. its ORNACYCLINE which contains TETRACYCLINE. a breeder recommended that to me so i used it. thanks yall and dont stop with the replies. i can use all the help i can get.