FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus Document from University of Florida
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 12:31 AM   #43
Denisebme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
That makes more sense said that way, thank you, Tammy. I understand where you were coming from.

Denise...that is the million dollar question..where DO we go from here? I point back to Dr. Jacobsen saying that we need to be testing, be honest, and do everything we ALL can to establish colonies of negative dragons. We cannot ignore this, because it is not going to just go away. I just wish we could figure out a way that we can all work together!
I with you all the way on that sentiment. At this point, I think there are two very different issues. The first is of course to attempt to build negative colonies, but that is going to take long term testing and we still have a lot of learning to do to figure out just how to go about that.
The second is to support and create an environment to support people that have AV positive Beardies with health problems. No one should be fearful of coming forward with test results, asking questions or asking for help. There is a lot of knowledge in this community, and some of it should be focused toward helping people who through no fault of their own are dealing with big issues. I'm absolutely amazed by a lot of the email I've seen in the last 10 days or so, there are some amazingly committed people that really want to help find answers, and I'd rather be a part of the solution for them instead of part of the problem.
All the fighting isn't going to solve anything, and I don't think any of us have the answers we'd like to have right now. I just want to find a way to move forward.