FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Yaz Mansour - Poor Shipping
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Insomniac101
Yaz Mansour - Poor Shipping

I really hesitated to post this, but after thinking about it, and showing the photos to a couple friends, I decided that people should at least be aware of how their animal(s) may arrive from this seller.

I purchased this beautiful diamond python from Yaz Mansour last month. Just to clarify, I have no issue with the critter; just the way it was shipped.

I pre-paid for the shipping, and emailed the labels to him, after getting box dimensions, and weight.

I received a plain brown box, obviously not the white, reptile-specific one that is required to ship live reptiles.

After opening it, (first making sure the snake was okay), I was very disappointed that this snake I paid $1,300 for was shipped in such an unsafe manner.

The box insulation was less than 1/2", not meeting the 3/4" that is required. It was also 3.5" too short for the box height. The top piece was much too small for the box, with large gaps around it.

This box offered no crush protection, which also voided any live-arrival guarantee from the shipper. I paid just under $120 to ship this snake, of which $30-something was for insurance.

Obviously, I'm glad that it arrived okay, but very irritated that Yaz would do something so careless with someone else's money, and a living creature. This could have been disastrous, and I would have no recourse through Reptiles Express, because the animal wasn't packaged correctly.

Yaz has not responded to my texts regarding this issue.

Just an "FYI" for anyone considering a purchase.

Thanks,

Kathy Robbins
Attached Images