FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 06:25 PM   #134
woodlyn
Angry Terri and Fire and Ice citrus

This response is rather late in coming considering the beginning date of this thread, but I had to get my two cent in because my experience was as bad as Jonathan's was with Terri. I dished out $450.00 for a "breeding quality citrus" , if they are drab olive-yellow, than I guess I got what I paid for--anything but a citrus. Only I paid $300 over what her now stated breeder quality cost.

This was my respose to Jonathan-

My brother gave me a copy of your original posting and I almost fainted.
Word for word -- this was the same experience I had with Terri also. Complete with the screaming and accusations over the phone.

I was even told this particular dragon was her personal favorite and that she sat on her shoulder while she went about her daily chores and if I EVER wanted to return her she would take her back rather than see her end up in a pet shop.

It took me over 2 months before I felt that Joy "was out of the woods and on her way to surviving" Oh, I did the strained baby food chicken and fruit, cover the cage with white paper to lessen her stress, adjusted the temperature up and down, increased and decreased length of day light.

What I had wanted to purchase was a "citrus" female supposing breeder quality-What a joke! For $450.00 I received a pet quality female.
She has never had a good appetite nor will she ever be a true citrus.
I tried to return her to Terri and as you never got a response. I said I would settle for a partial refund between a pet quality and breeder quality priced dragon--no response.
Joy has never reached 350 grams even though she is out of two dragons that are over 425 & 570 grams. She is now a year and a half old. Still a picky eater, hates to be held and is the most putrid shade of yellowish-olive green you will ever see.

If she (Terri)were the last person on earth that had bearded dragons, I would never buy nor recommend any one else buy from her.

Like you, I have learned the hard way. I have purchased other dragons since that fateful day, all of which are thriving, fat and healthy and exactly what they were advertised to be.

I wish you luck in your pursuit of a refund.

Lynn