FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus Document from University of Florida
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #9
CheriS
Tammy, it is curious how you now say that all have this, when you stated you have ones that have tested negative and more than once. You also have positive ones, so are you saying you will not try to keep those negative testing ones negative?

I have necropsy reports that DID look for adenovirus and did not find any evidence of it in a bearded dragon, and not just in liver sections, but through the whole animal. I believed someone at the time that all dragons have this and found out that was not true and yes, spent $400 on one testing alone to try and find it.

How can you say all have this when Universities say they do have negative test and more than once. I know of dragons that have had multiple EM test and are still negative. It's a virus, not a body part, the animals has to contact it sometime from a positive one, it does not just magically happen

You state you imported from Austria and that one was positive, I state I imported from Germany and had negative ones. Englandish breeders state they have negatve ones. Australian ones state that adenovirus is not a problem there or been found much and I may be wonrg, but I understood they have to account for their dragons in captivity and when they die.

AND AGAIN, everyone seems to ignore the fact ALL doctors agree that there are mortalities attributed to positive ones.

No, I do not beleive that all are positive, no one but some breeders state that, the Doctors doing the testing sure do not. Saying we are a lab and do $60 testing and MANY of those are positive is not saying that all are positive. A few online that bought from the same breeders and have some that test positive do not state that cause they also get some negative tests and also the Doctors that do the testing state they are not saying there are not clear ones or can be clear ones and stated there was an obligation to tell people if you have positive ones.

Is it widespread in some lines, oh yes, I do believe it is ... NOW

Did I miss something?