FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Changes addressing the ad bumping problem..
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
WebSlave
I have increased the number of bump/highlights for each of the paid membership user groups.

Contributor Level was changed from 10 to 30 per 30 day period.
Benefactor Level was changed from 50 to 150 per 30 day period.
Endowment Level was changed from 200 to 400 per 30 day period.

In case anyone is confused about how this works, this is all done via the Classifieds Control Panel, which can be accessed through your User CP page.

Each ad you bump/highlight is independent of the others, and the clock starts ticking for each ad you activate in that manner. The 30 day countdown is relevant to EACH ad separately, and this isn't a group time limit whereby at the first of the month all ads are cleared and the clock resets to 30 days. It is 30 days for EACH and EVERY ad you activate in this manner.

Again, just to emphasize this point, BUMPING is as of this moment only allowed via the Classifieds Control Panel for paid member groups. Any other bumping done will incur an infraction which can be cumulative to the point of temporarily being banned. The moderators may, at their discretion, delete either the post that causes the bump of the ad, or DELETE the entire ad if they find they are having trouble getting this point across to any particular member.

I was asked to fix this problem, so I fully intend to do so. This is the best way I could come up with to do this task without burning out all my mods having to babysit the classifieds 24/7, so I am asking for everyone's cooperation so I don't have to take more drastic steps to get the results I believe most people are hoping for.