FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy William Gangemi (at repticon)
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #62
nicmk
I was at the Columbia repticon show on the 11th and 12th, and I got two flapneck chameleons from William/Billy Gangemi (he uses both names), as soon as we were on the way home with them I noticed that the female was licking her lips and yellow puss was coming out but I thought maybe she had just eaten and was just swallowing it. This happened for the second time but again I was optimistic and that she was just processing food, since she was just a little girl. I went to go pick up both of their cages and noticed it again so while waiting I did some research and found out it was a tongue infection, so immediately I took her to the vet and they gave me the same diagnosis. I started treating her right away. I decided that it was a good idea to check my male just in case and sure enough it was the same thing, a tongue infection, that night my female didn't make it.
And upon looking him up I found news articles about him involved in illegal wildlife trafficking.
Article: https://www.thestate.com/news/busine...213374129.html
Here is a statement from that article: In the current case, five other men with S.C. connections have pleaded not guilty to illicit wildlife trading charges and are awaiting trial. Those men are: Joseph Logan Brooks of Holly Hill, Matthew Tyler Fischer and William Martin Fischer of Harleyville, Matthew Harrison Kail of Florida and William Gangemi of New Jersey.
That was just a few months ago!!!
Please be careful where you get your animals from, and make sure you look the people up.