FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Top Shelf Exotics (Inquiry)
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #77
liquidleaf
I live very close to where Chris and Top Shelf Exotics are located. Just thought I'd chime in with some input regarding the weather for the last 6 weeks or so. Typical "Buffalo" weather... (FYI Buffalo is not always snowing, locals tend to say weird fluctuating weather is "typical"... like the freak 60 degree January days we occasionally get, followed by 12 degrees and snowstorms, and 90 degree high humidity summer days) - I'd say "unpredictable" before I'd say "cold and snowy".

...We have been having wildly fluctuating temperatures the last 6 weeks. A couple of days in the 50s or 60s, then a couple of days in the 30s or 40s. Often nights have been at the freezing mark or below even when the daytime highs are in the 60s. We had some snow a couple of weeks ago (melted in a day).

So shipping with appropriate heat packs would probably be feasible, but who knows whether or not the low nighttime temps we have been having may have affected wholesalers shipping animals to TSE (complete speculation on my part, just a "maybe") if they use low temperatures to determine safe shipping times. No excuse for the lack of communication... seems like there's a lot going on here and sounds to me like there are some serious hard feelings between Chris and the people currently managing the business, which may account for his terse replies.

I haven't ever done business with TSE or Chris (though I had planned on it), it's disappointing to see a reptile business located near me struggle. I hope your health improves, Chris... and Robert, I hope the management of TSE (whoever they may be) send your animals out SOON.