FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - California state law issues
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Horray politics for a day!

I think that's an incredible idea. I only hope it spreads thoughout the states. I am one personally whom likes the government out of my hobby and business as much as possible, but this is what it should all be about. This should help give the public a better understanding altogether, and hopefully all those pet shop horror stories may decrease. I see the incompetent pet store thing all to often here in Florida. Although, there are some good ones in the area that I fequent. We personallyhand out caresheets to all concerned parties at shows and wish all vendors did. I wonder if pet shops and vendors will have to adhear to the caresheets they offer. Like if a product they seel is one that's frowned on for husbandry. One of the products I hate most in the entire pet trade is the infamous, turtle death bowl. You know the one, it's a clear blue plastic bowl, with the cheesy plastic palm tree. Everytime I see one of those leave a petshop or show, I see it as a little turtle tombstone. Maybe this is the start of something good. Anyhow glad to see it happen. Mike