FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - California state law issues
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 10:50 PM   #10
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Let me back up a tad lol

I suppose I didn't read the links thorougly as I should have. I could see how the law could be manipulated to serve as a source of revenue if citations were issued for non-compliance of the law, and that scares me. Uncle Sam makes it hard enough to run a legitimate business as it is. I think it would also be ridculious for pet stores to have specific care sheets for each individual fish species, or feeders for that matter. Maybe a general caresheet for community fish, aggressive fish, and so on. It just bothers me more that a customer can go to a pet store, and walk out with a turtle, and death bowl, and leave thinking they are giving the right care and have the proper set up. What bothers me more is that the seller either knows it can't survive in the plastic crap and it's just a sale to them, or doesn't know that it will die in those conditions, and I'm not sure which disturbs me more. I just think that with all the lack of knowledge by the general 'pet stores' this could be a positive thing if implied carefully, the keyword being carefully.