FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Major League Exotic Pets - Allen Both - Reptile Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
JRLongton
Major League Exotic Pets - Allen Both - Reptile Kingdom

I, Jason R. Longton, swear that what I relate below is the truth and factually accurate.

Allen Both of Reptile Kingdom is now operating as Major League Exotic Pets and just as crooked and deceptive as ever.

On October 7, 2018, at the New England Reptile Expo in Manchester, NH, I bought what was purported to be a baby hog island boa constrictor from Allen Both, the owner of Major League Exotic Pets for $175. I noted that the poor little guy didn't look well but was then given every explanation imaginable, he was in shed, he hadn't been fed recently, he was dehydrated, he'd be fine, lies, lies, lies.

Foolishly, I determined to buy the poor creature and do my best by him. Six days later the boa was dead. It wasn't that he was "in shed" or hadn't eaten recently. He was extremely ill, contagious, and dying. That so many excuses were offered just demonstrates that Allen knew that the creature was sick but cared more about making a quick buck than doing right by a customer and the animal.

To be perfectly clear, Allen sold me a dying animal, knowing full well that it was extremely sick and would soon be dead. Worse, he knew it was highly contagious and could transmit the illness to the rest of my pets. He just didn't care.

I had kept the boa in a brand new PVC custom built enclosure (from Animal Plastics) with a new radiant heat panel. Now that a sick animal was kept and died therein, it can no longer be used! I lost an enclosure, heating device, $175, and placed all my other animals at risk, not to mention the emotional toll of watching a pet I had come to care for die slowly and painfully. But Allen made a couple of bucks!

I called Allen, and explained what had happened. He had the nerve to offer me a replacement animal! As though animals are replaceable! I told him I wouldn't even touch an animal of his, but considering all that I had lost, it would be appropriate to at least give me a refund for the boa constrictor. Allen initially balked but when I pointed out his atrocious reputation he agreed. He made a nice show of getting the last four of my credit card and told me over the phone that the refund was being processed right then. I got off the phone with him and immediately called my credit card company to verify that the refund was made. I wasn't at all surprised to learn that no refund had been initiated. He had lied yet again! The man has no scruples at all.

It should be pointed out that this was at the New England Reptile Expo in Manchester, NH. This crook was handing out diseased dying animals to potential customers who would put their hands all over these sickly creatures only to then go to the next table and handle other breeders healthy creatures! Were I a breeder I wouldn't show my animals at any event that allowed Allen's festering table of infectious pathogens to be set up.

Allen is a menace. He has a long record of lying, selling sick animals, spreading illnesses to other peoples animals, and shady practices. What some people will do for a buck.

I imagine that the reputation of the Reptile Kingdom was so ruined that he needed to change the name to Major League Exotic Pets. Seems the cat is starting to come out of the bag though.

If you care about the health and well being of your animals, and your own, STAY AWAY from Major League Exotic Pets and Allen Both.