FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What herps have bitten you?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #225
wvaherp
As for herps, the only non-snake bite I've ever received was a juvenile 5 lined skink. It's not like that's a serious bite... lol

I've been tagged by rainbow boas, common boas, kings, garters, rat snakes, and one blood python. None of those were anything to write home about.

As for feeding bites, I've been lucky. I've only had 2 of those as of yet (one of my wife's cali kings tried to eat MY pinky instead of his a couple times, lol).

I'd rather be bitten my any of the herps I've ever kept than be attacked by a German Shepherd again. Granted I was only like 9, but that one was bad... My clearest memories from that were actually me being upset about not being able to watch them put 25 stitches into my scalp at the hospital and the fact that my dad had to go help convince another father in the next room that his son wasn't going to die after being bitten by a "copperhead" (which was actually a juvenile black rat snake...). Pretty bad when that kid's father was freaking out over that bite in the next room while we were calmly getting me stitched up from something that could easily have been fatal.

Come to think of it, I did get fairly upset that guy killed a black rat snake because of his ignorance. It was around that time that I was known to run up to visitors at our house excitedly trying to show them a garter, eastern milk, or black rat that I had just caught in our yard...