FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - FedEx shipping quality down the toilet?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #47
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I guess the plan from all involved is to just make such things as big of a hassle and headache as possible with the victims of such incidents.
This may be the new thing in retail strategy.

I had a Amazon item delivered used and heavily damaged (I paid for new); they don't actually look at returned items, but just toss them back onto the pile. Anyway, I got a return authorization, returned it and tracking showed it delivered. Amazon claimed they didn't receive it and charged me for it again. I disputed the charge with my CC (half hour on the phone, digging up trivial and materially irrelevant details) and gave them the tracking number. Amazon countered by simply denying I ever returned it, and responded to my direct questions about the situation with non sequiturs. My CC company now wants a pile of paperwork faxed to them to continue the claim. It is a $30 item; I give up, but I'm doing Xmas shopping elsewhere (like Amazon will notice, but it makes me feel a bit better).

It is pretty screwed up when I feel like I'm getting extra competent and personal service from shopping at Barnes and Noble or Best Buy, but this is the world we asked for, I guess.