FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - my bearded dragon wont eat please help!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
henryb11
my bearded dragon wont eat please help!!!!!

Hi everyone, I am very concerned about my baby bearded dragon. He is 8 3/4 inches long, I'm guessing around 10 weeks old. He used to eat regularly twice a day, about 12 large crickets a day but lately, for almost two weeks now, he hasn't eaten anything. All crickets have been gutloaded and sprinkled with ReptoCal. I have been offering him romaine lettuce but he won't budge with that either. I have resorted to feeding him chicken baby food twice daily, starting two days ago (about 3-4 mouthfuls each feeding) through a dropper to ensure that he is getting some type of nourishment. I have also administered T-Rex Hydrolife and ESU Jump-Start daily for 5 days now and there are no signs of improvement with his appetite. He seems to have lost weight since I first got him and his loss of appetite is worrying me. He is very lively though and moves around the tank all the time. His poop is also runny but I believe that is due to the supplements I have been giving him. Just a note: he was shedding about a week ago, with his tail requiring a little more to go. I mist him twice daily and I've been bathing him in warm water daily to ease the shedding and help him pass bowels as well.

The tank specs are as follows:

Size: 55 Gallon
Temperatures: basking-103°F, elsewhere- 80°F, night- 75°F
Humidity: 52%
Lighting: Day- ExoTerra Sun Glo 150W Tight beam and ESU Reptile Desert 7% UVB, Nighttime- ExoTerra Night Glo 75W Moonlight
Substrate: ZooMed Vita-Sand (it's extremely fine grained)

If there is anything else needed, let me know. Please help, I'm very worried like he ate fine for about a week then he just stoped i dont know what to do. i tried a vet but its like they were clueless. so if anyone can help please i am all ears.