FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - new dragon owner with a few questions
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Darwin
Well if you decide to house them together, that's ultimately your choice. Just keep an eye on them, you never know when the fickle things might change their minds. Basking temperature is the highest that you want your temperatures to go. 105-100F is generally recommended, any higher and it generally tends to lead to faster dehydration. I normally will take a reading where I think is hottest, and place the probe directly on the basking rock. I'll maintain that at 105. I think if you have it hotter, the beardie will move himself to maintain proper temperatures. I think keeping the 110 you have now would be perfect. I've heard that beardies don't have sensitive bellies, so they'll often times end up burning themselves there, which is why heat rocks are so bad for them.

It's good you did your research. I'm an active member of bd.org and you won't believe the number of people we have who don't consult a breeder or even the "bad" petstore advice they're given and then wonder why their dragon is so sick.