FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 07:13 AM   #136
Classic Dum's
in the begining of this thread there was a couple people that had issues I think one that sent stuff COD and recived a bad check and another that sent stuff on good faith and recived nothing, im addressing the people who recieved the bad checks,

the good faith issue is most likely a civil matter, although some states do have "theft by deception" laws which good faith can fall under, they "deceived" you by telling you they would pay you once you sent the goods then never paid you

look dude if you received a bad check contact your local police, paypal has NOTHING to do with the court system, explain the situation to them and tell them you wish to file charges

I dont know this for sure but i would imagine refusing the partial paypal payment he sent you is no differant then mailing back a partial check as far as court/criminal charges are concerned, you cant control him sending it to you, you can control keeping it, before you send it back this AM contact your local police explain everything to them, things vary from state to state and in YOUR state I could be completly wrong, if I am right they will tell you to send the paypal payment back and file a criminal complaint, if i wrong theyll tell you to keep it becasue it may be all you ever see

as far as the two hr thing from the time he sent it till my post, if your implying that I am friends or trying to help him, your wrong, I remeber seeing him and his wife at harve de grace 10yrs or more ago, but couldnt pick either out of a line up now

this may seem harse but I dont have simpathy for thieves, I would rather file charges see them get in trouble then jack around with them, anyway best of luck