FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Florida state law issues
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 12:59 AM   #158
simplysnakes
I am not sure - since I did not read this entire thread - but I had posted about this and there is a petition online that you can sign below is the latest update as to what is taking place with it. Also are email links to FWC to write your letters of concern too. Its still not to late.

Here is the copy:

I've sent to FWC a hard copy of the petition of signatures we had collected. I've emailed Lt. Harrison, and Precious Boatwright a link to view the online petition.
We are going to keep the petition ongoing. We've also sent a letter to Rep. Poppell and Senator Posey who originated Senate Bill 990 also known as House Bill 145 a letter that states what we are doing.
It was stated at the last CWTAG meeting that Rep Poppell intends to bring the bill back up in Feb 2007.
I personally also feel that he along with certain other powerful person or person(s) are responsible for putting pressure on FWC to come up with these rules. (Which had changed significantly from what CWTAG had been working on when it was announced at the public forum.)

I've attached a copy of the letter that was sent to Lt. Harrison, Precious Boatwright, Rep. Poppell and Senator Posey.

Hopefully what everyone is doing will make a difference.

These are the email addresses of Lt. Harrison and Precious Boatwright.
Send your concerns to both.

linda.harrison@MyFWC.com

precious.boatwright@MyFWC.com

LINK FOR ONLINE PETITION:

The Jacksonville Herpetological Society Link to our on line petition failed last week. We've finally been able to reload the petition online however, we've lost all the signatures that were gathered. If you believe as we do, and had signed the petition or would like to please return to www.jaxherp.org and click on the link for the petition or go directly to http://reptiles.petitiontime.com/

Thanks so much,

Janine Wells
Vice President Jacksonville Herpetological Society

Sincerely,
Beth Moody
Simply Snakes