FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Gmail problem?
Thread: Gmail problem?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Gmail problem?

Is anyone else having problems with Gmail? I have been getting a lot of bounced emails claiming that the targeted gmail accounts do not exist. So I tried sending emails to my own gmail account via several other email accounts I have and every one of them bounced back stating that my gmail account did not exist. Which certainly wasn't true as of last night.

So is anyone else having problems?

Speaking of which, any new registrations here will likely be having their registration verification emails blocked because of this issue. And I'm not sure whether any emails initiated by members to other members using gmail will be received by the intended recipients neither. I'm not sure whether this is some local problem or more widespread. When I sent an email to my programmer's gmail account via my Comcast account, it failed too, so it feels like this is more widespread than the little environment around my own server and data center as well as my local Comcast service.

Anyway, just a fyi to those who may be scratching their head over lost emails.

BTW, there was a short period yesterday when this same thing happened, and I just thought it was some sort of temporary fluke. Perhaps gmail is under attack?

Seems there are some severe hacking issues going on lately.