FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The PROOF that venomoid snakes are not safe!`
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:37 PM   #38
devenomized
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Red herring argument. Evading the issue at hand, which is hots, you point to another risk to get the heat off of you.

Why?

Because there is no logical answer to the previous post showing that vets and doctors are imperfect; and knowing that is true, you risk your life and in my opinion are liable for lives and injury to others when these procedures are done and there is the possibilty that they were not done perfectly.
I hope you don't want to talk about risk. Do you know the meaning of safety? it's two words, "risk management". There is a balance between taking too much risk and mitigating every possible risk. A buyer interested in purchasing a venomoid, a hot, a tarantula, or a cockatoo needs to balance the risk and take full accountability. This same equation goes to the people selling, servicing, or providing assistance; they too have to balance the risk they take and they need to be accountable for their actions.

If you really want to eliminate the risk of veterianrian malpractice, then you should not buy a venomoid, but if that's the case, you shouldn't purchase a hot either. If we are talking about mitigating the risk, then the only person who is truly going to do this risk assessment is the buyer, you can't do it for them and I can't either. I hope I didn't loose you there.

just remember, "RISK MANAGEMENT" and each person is responsible for what they believe is an acceptable risk or residual risk.

Risk is always going to be present. ALWAYS.