FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jamaican Boas Breeding
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #342
cguarino30
Feeding day again today. This is a big one, here's hoping for a little luck.

All holdbacks were each fed a chick thigh and a quail chick head. This will certainly determine once and for all if the quail chicks are too large, or if the boas are just refusing them for scent reasons. The quail chick heads are about the size of the middle of the chick thigh, so they should pose no issue.

The pinkie eating group was each fed a large, f/t pinkie. They seemed to be in fairly normal condition, so I'm hoping this weekend's sexing ordeal didn't put them off feed. We shall see.

T1 was fed the usual f/t anole. T1 was also sexed this weekend, so I've also got my fingers crossed for this one.

T3 was fed an unscented pinkie. This will be T3's second unscented pinkie, and if he takes this one and the other sexed snakes eat, I may try to probe this weekend.

T4 and the rest of the non-holdback group were each fed a chick thigh and a decapitated pinkie. I happened to have a bunch of decapitated pinkies left over from feeding the heads to hatchling house snakes, so I thought it would be worth a shot to see if any of them eat both. If not, they still have the usual thigh to eat. T4 was also sexed this weekend, so I'm also hoping she is not off feed.

I will update tomorrow with results. Here's hoping for a good night of feeding.