FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - make me an offer,,,
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #10
DragonEye
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstymtlhd
I hate to say anything, but you said you were looking for adult burms or retics, well 8ft is like a yearling when your talking about these kinds of animals, what are you going to do in 3 years when the burm is 15ft and over 100lbs,and the retic is 16-18ftand around 150lbs?? No matter how expeirienced you are it takes 2-3 people to handle these animals safely.
And as far as your 27 bites, your not supposed to get bit! And yes i have been bitten, but i've been doing this 27yrs!!!
Dont give up on your search. but be prepaired to take care of these monster,s and every thing that comes with them, Big food, big cages, lots of heat,{bigger pythons are touchy when it comes to temp.}, and of course your great dane or rotteweiler dont have nothing on these guys when it comes to poopin', you'll find out, Good luck,

^ I agree 100% with this post!! They are not the easiest of snakes to work with... honestly they are among the top teire of snakes to handle, along with things like rattle snakes, cobras, and so on.

if you want something to be close to 8' get an adult ball Python, or something like that. they have a great temprement (usually) and yea they dont usually reach 8', but they are not remotely dangerous like the burmese/retic...