FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman isn't eating !!!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #6
saltysteve
he sees u as a predator use small frogs not toads i ath them in the woods w/a net

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKindSnakes View Post
Help! I got this guy 3 weeks ago, and he's 2' has been eating for the breeder really well, I know this cause I know the breeder, but I've tried hoppers a few times cause that's all he was eating before, the water is at 88 degrees almost all the time and he is secluded but I don't know why he won't eat

I've just dropped the hopper in and left it there and he won't touch land, should I try chicken? Anytime I put the mouse in his face he just turns and hisses and swims away
whatever you do dont but stuff in his face just leave him be get ahold of small frogs thy jump around and they will help bring back his instinct to protect his home I have a 2yr old he bite me and ended up not eating do to stress for a month 88 is to high I know your raising the temp to get him to eat but he needs to use the water to cool down. I have 50 50 land water I use no heat pad just 1 10$ polonis home heater at night it makes the air humid and raises the water to about 80 in the da I use 2 300 watt heat lamps in 100gallon outdoor fish pond (indoor) but I raised the hieght of the top by `10 inchs to prevent burning him remember if u pick him up and he chirps he still sees u as a preadtor just stay out of his way and he will eat