FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
No apology is necessary, at least the way I look at it!

I've always felt that everyone should contribute to the site; not only the BOI portion, but the classifieds as well. (As I quickly check to see if my own subscription is still in effect )

I remember when you with removed the requirement where someone had to be a contributing member, to place classified ads. I still think there should be a small fee; maybe $5 or something.

As Lucille (I think!) said on the other thread, people are used to paying a fee for everything these days, and I don't think you'll get a lot of flack for implementing something for the classifieds section.

You had mentioned that you had complaints from people when their credit cards were charged for membership renewals. Won't the system allow someone to make a payment without giving auto-billing permission?

Anyway, just some thoughts on the matter. I will continue to contribute as long as the site stays up and running.

Kathy
The classifieds don't cause the headaches that the BOI does. I don't see any reason to try to generate revenue by charging people to post them. But of course, if everyone also abandons the classifieds in favor of Facebook or elsewhere, then this site will have lost any reason to continue. I'm sure that with a complete loss of traffic, there would be no reason for paid advertising to continue. Which means the site goes in the red, and I pull the plug.

Automated subscriptions for memberships turned out to be a real hassle, and had people filing claims with PayPal because they either didn't realize they had opted for the automated payments, or else just forgot. So their lapses were putting black marks on my record with PayPal. I am not interested in going through that again. It really had nothing specifically to do with credit cards unless the purchaser was using that method through PayPal. And yes, that was OPTIONAL for the automated choice.