FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!)
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #41
Lguy598
Good thread!! I am not usually one to post (more of a watcher) but this one has got me thinking!!!
Quote:
Groovy Geckos-
Call them A+, call them, 5 or 6 stars, maybe something thats allready being used?... But being different will only cause even more confusion, everyone here even agrees on that much. LOL
I disagree, to make it you have to be different. You have to have something that stands out or you won't be at the top. I do agree that it can get a little confusing mainly with the letters SHT being thrown around in the leo world, but how many people produce SHTCT, SHT, T, HT, SHTCTB, CT? Alot and every breeding season there will be 1000's more on the market. So in my opinion the only way to avoid confusion is to be different. When you talk about a TT what breeder comes to mind??? TUG, when you talk about hybinos what breeder comes to mind??? HISSS. There's a pattern here and thats why these guys are on top. Whether it be a marketing strategy(TT=pure gold) or a legitimate new morph if you're different you stand out and remove yourself from the confusion. Lets be honest here, as much as people would like to refer to TT's as really nice SHT, its different and the bottom line to all of this debate of some one producing geckos of the same calibre as an UG TT or a HISS hybino is simply this question: HOW MANY OF US CAN GET $1500 US FOR A GECKO?? The answer would be only a select few and everyone knows who they are. I have seen a TT in person and I can honestly say they look incredible!
As far as a standardization goes: will never happen. Alot of the reasons why have been explained and this market is always changing, every season so the standard would have to change every season too and that just seems like a pain in the a@#!!!!
Thats it for me,
Drew