FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adenovirus questions
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #53
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Beth, there have been so many discussions that almost mirror this same exact thread. So it is like a broken record, that you play over & over. I as well as others who are advocates for Adeno feel as I do, but do not come on much because of all of the frustrations.
I get frustrated & angry because of the breeders from the past that are still breeding now that have known positives in their colonies but refuse to do anything about it. That is why I get angry because it is not simply my opinion it is the recommendation from Dr. Jacobson as well as Dr. Wentz not to breed positives as it is unethical.
So really the only ones losing right now, are the dragons. Sorry I feel that way but I just do. I am one of the only few that actually have the guts to against the grain & against all of the large breeders that by now hate me. I just honestly don't care anymore.
Cheri S spent years being beaten up & she can't take it anymore & you all ran her off. I am here to continue whatever she did not & could not finish due to her health problems & frustrations.
I am sorry that most of the Adeno threads turn this way, that is just how it ends up going. If you have entered enough of them as I & a few others have, it always turns out practically the same way as this one did, unfortunately. It is a very sore subject with alot of people as there are a handful & probably more that have not had the courage to come forward with their Adeno problems in their colonies. There are so many breeders that had so many die offs due to it. Others have had problems, but did not do testing, but just passed it off to other strange problems. I am sorry but it is the mindset of most of the breeders to simply ignore it & continue on as they are doing & just not even make an effort at all to test. That wont fix the problem, or even help it.
I apologize for being direct, but I cannot begin a society advocating against breeding positives, & then represent myself in any other way & support breeders that wont test. I simply will not & cannot do it.

Tracie