FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #341
colubridman
If a snake you ship arrives dead due to improper shipping you owe the person for the snake, plain and simple. In my opinion if you ship a snake or snakes and they arrive in any other way than live, healthy and feeding, no matter what the reason, you owe the buyer for the snake or snakes. If someone doesen't guarantee the animal they are selling you if there is a problem due to the shipping company or any other reason I would buy from someone else.

I admit I have only skimmed this thread but there is one thing that kept jumping out at me. What do this guys friends have to do with anything. When you sell someone a snake you should only deal with the person you sell the snake to. When his friends contacted you and tried to get involved I would have deleted their emails or ignored them and only dealt with the person you sold the snake to. Any blackmail, accusations or whatever that came from someone else are only a problem (your problem) because you dealt with others than who you should have.
If someone buying a animal from you asks and you agree to ship to a friend or family member of theirs for some reason I could see talking with them just to be sure you have the correct address, they will be there to receive the snake or that the snake arrived OK but any other conversations should be between you and the buyer only.
Some people are not good at telling friends or family to stay out of their business but it's for you to not let others become involved (at least with you ) since they are not your customer. If it's a minor and it's their parent your dealing with that's another matter.

Randy Whittington