FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - getting " envenomated " can get you ........
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 12:34 AM   #7
Vinny D
on march 23, 2005 at about 8:30 am est i decided to clean the water bowls in my snakes cages i chose to do the eastern first i was extreamly care less as to how i did it i noticed she was in her hiding cave facing the other direction of the bowl so i decided to just reach in and grab it 1 of the worst mistakes of my life by the time i touched the water bowl her head was about 5" away from my hand i froze for a second and she nailed me i used a venom extractor and washed the bite location when all the blood was rinced off i saw the swelling already half way up my hand u called 911 and told them the situtation and they rushed emt to my house it was raining so the chopper's were not flying the closest hospital from my house was about an houe drive but they took me to the closent 1 first dont ask why i dont know by than i couldent walk at all and still couldent walk for the next 3 days when i finally got the the hospital that stocked crofab which took about 2 hrs they already had it ready i received 15 vials before the venom had stopped proceeding through my body it though it was alout too but thats what they gave me i was in the hospital for 9 days before they let me go home all im trying to say is be careful and dont loose respect for the animal like i did i almost died that night for something i known i shouldent do and if your thinking of getting a hot or working with 1 at all do your reaserch and make sure you can get antivenom alout of people on this site think im some fony and lier but im not im just sharing my mistakes(which some think is bragging) so other's wont half to i handled hots for 13 yrs before i got bit since i was 6 i caught a corl snake on the playgroud in kindergarden and ever since then i had a passion for venomous as well as non-venomous so just please be careful and dont let stupidity get in the way thanks for reading