FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Albino Ball Python Died!!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 01:44 AM   #73
Adam Block
Well, what about this?

You know, I think you're all missing the point by a long shot. There is no blame, the animal is dead and weather it was caused by Kevin or myself doesn't matter to me. I've also never said it was genetic. I don't know how it got gout and haven't left any possibility out. For all I know it wasn't able to or just didn't drink water weather it was there or not. None of those are my points but those are the only things being focused on.

As of yet not one person including NERD has addressed the 282 gram two year old they've sold. Not one person has looked at the issue and motive behind them selling an animal fresh out of the egg and not mentioning it.

I don't have an issue with Kevin as a person. I have an issue with the way he dealt with me on the phone. Animals die and I don't mind loosing the money. I do mind a breeder telling me without a doubt his animals are fine and there isn't a chance there could have been an issue on his end. I do mind buying an animal out of the egg and not being told this. I do mind hearing this breeder sold somebody else a 282 gram two year old ball.

If you want to focus on some things why don't you ask Kevin himself, if that's possible?

One thing I found odd, look at Kevin's post on here signed as Kevin. Look at the writing style closely.

I received a response to a PM I sent Kevin from Kara. Here is a quote and writing style sample from that PM:

Quote:
Adam, Hope you don't mind me speaking for Kevin - we often do so for each other. Evidently several things between your post & the phone conversations (and emails) you've had with Kev were written out of context in your post. You gave "your side" of things, so did Kevin. Between your emails and your posts, there are several things mentioned that could be construed at veiled threats, so considering the way you word things (which I'm sure you do) might not be a bad idea.
You will note the same style appears in the post signed as Kevin himself. That's fine as many people use the same grammar. However, I was looking at Kevin's distinct style of writing in an email he sent me and something seems fishy to me. Here's a sample of that:

Quote:
Hey Adam...why did you start posting all over the board of inquiry? Someone told me you did. I know very little about that stuff.

The het was a BABY!! Not a yearling!!!!! I think you have the snakes mixed up!

I am going to track down where the other albino littermate that went went too(in FLA).....I want to see if there was any problems there..
If you notice, not one use of a comma in Kevin's email even though they grammatically were called for. Also, there are a huge number of exclamation points and most sentences are ended with multiple punctuations. Neither the style of the post in the BOI however following suit with Kara’s writing style.

This may of course be chance but I don't know anybody that uses two sets of grammar! My question is, the email was from Kevin's email address and I don't know whom this post was from, Kevin or Kara? It may be Kevin but I would find it fairly upsetting if he is sending people here to post and sign his name.

With that I would like to ask:

1) Did Kevin write the post on the BOI?
2) Why was your 2 year old snake only 282 Grams?
3) Was this snake given water while on it's way to the show?
4) You mention the great record keeping you maintain, would you be willing to tell us who else bought babies from that clutch?
5) How many meals was that baby fed before being sold?
6) We've established your excellent reputation, with that said, why did you choose to bring such a young baby to be sold at the show?

I think these are all fair questions and would leave a foundation for where this thread should be taken. I have the answer to a few of these for fact but I would like to remove all doubt and hear what Kevin has to say before I address anything else.

Thanks for reading,
Adam Block