FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
Thread: Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #437
Rick Staub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Schofield View Post
Well, lets not do it and see how many times the disease wipes out collections. Ya, smart. If no one knows what causes it WHY NOT start from the beginning and eliminate possibilities. Baseline? To start with Jerrys healthy zonata, that is the baseline. Checking swabs at every point of contact between these 2 guys could show different bugs and combinations along the way. Is there something that is present at Stu's that isnt at Jerry's? If so, thats where you start, pretty simple. Jerry is a zonata breeder with a website, Stu wants to get into Zonata and will have $3100 soon to play with. Mitch wants to be a Zonata expert, so there are 3 people to share costs, it is tax deductible! You dont need a whole lab, labs are already set up to study such things. Altruism? How about professionalism? If these guys want to make money off selling or studying zonata why not have them pay for it?? Not solely of course, pass the hat. The idea of shed skins or to sample 1 guys place and not the other is foolish. Somewhere in between lies the CAUSE of the disease.
I am sure Stu worked hard to save $3100 to purchase these snakes and definitely has better ways to spend his money. Mitch is already a zonata expert. And if you think 3 people can share the cost to fund what you are proposing then you really do not know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Schofield View Post
I dont think you understand, looking for causes for the disease and and defining the disease are 2 different things. Its not a crap load of money considering that thousands of $$ these guys will be making on the backs of Zonata!
These guys? Mitch and I have been giving zonata away for years while spending our own dollars doing natural history research on this species.

You need to stop digging!