FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #23
cookreptiles
if someone contacted me about geckos i sent them being parasite ridden, regardless of the time frame i would immediately have all of my geckos tested. i would certainly want to know if i had parasites that i didn't know about in my collection. if i found parasites i would refund the person who contacted me for any vet costs and the cost of the gecko(s) they got from me. coccidia is extremely serious, and not something to be taken lightly by any means.

the other females i received from ed have vet appointments on thursday. i suspect that they have parasites as well, but of course i can't be 100% sure until i get the results of the fecal. the reason i suspect it is because all are great eaters, yet none have gained any substantial amount of weight since i received them, which is common in snakes with tapeworms. these are 2005 females that eat every week on the dot, yet only weigh 400-550 grams. obviously something is not right when all of my other snakes are gaining weight and thriving as normal, healthy snakes do.