FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Exotics-r-us/ Ray Hunter/ Ricky D
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 10:38 PM   #2
COBRAMAN
Kevin, your post is almost too humorous to reply to, But I will anyway just to back up what people already know about you. Before I do reply to this issue, I will give our readers a little history about you so those that do not know you and how you opperate will.

One of the first shipments we sent to Kevin Smith contained a spitting cobra that he reported had arrived dead. They filled a claim with Delta, and were compensated (as I was told), but then a few weeks latter I spoke to a gentleman out there who bought the very same snake off Kevin. Kevin made no attempt to defend his actions.

Now, all the snakes that were sent to Kevin Smith in OR were paid for by Ken in California. Kevin then performs his own venomoid surgery on them. Ken says he never even sees the animals, andf that he has to go by whatever Kevin tells him. (Ken was made aware of the spitting cobra incident, and told me that he would take care of it). Their third parner is Ed from The Cobra Connection. Ed and I have discussed these problems with Kevin, and said that they were going to be ending the association with Kevin. Ken seems to be a great guy who unfortunately seems to be a victim of his partner (kevin Smith). I won't drag in other dealers by mentioning their names, but without exception, every person I have so far spoken to about Kevin reports having the same problems with him. Now on to the issue at hand.

We shipped the exact order that Kevin listed above to him in OR on Tuesday October 21. He received the shipment the next day. I left for Vegas on Friday the 24th having not been notified of any DOA's on that shipment. On Saturday the 26th (4 days after the shipment was picked up at the airport) we get an e-mail from Ken advising that a baby black neck spitter arrived dead, and the next day the baby gaboon was holding it's mouth oupen, then died. Ken wanted to send the dead snakes back to us by overnight express, but Ricky Duffield (owner of ERJ) e-mailed him back and told him not to send us the animals back, and that Ray would take care of it when he got back from Vegas. Then Sunday I got a call from Ken in CA who told me that there was a problem. I told him that we would honor the claim even though it was 3 days past the deadline of making a claim (per the terms of service listed on our web site and kingsnake ads). I NEVER stated any dollar amount for the credit (as Kevin lied about). At NO time have I ever hung up the phone on any customer! My last phone conversation with Kevin was a pleasant one. The lies he stated above were about calls that he was not even involved in. I never stated that his facility where he does his venomoid surgery was the cause of these alleged death. I did ask him if he COULD have some airborn virus, to which he said that no other animals had died there. We have had every animal we sent on this shipment for at least 8 weeks, and they all were eating. You beleive what you want. Nobody ever pushed anything onto Ricky. I tried to explain that because Ricky is the owner, and I am not, I can not override Ricky's decisions on sticking with the terms or our agreement in terms of giving credit for animals reoprtedly dying from 4-10 days after they received them. We are obligated to make good on an animal that arrives dead, or you are not satisfied with your shipment. BUT you need to notify us within 24 hours. That's not asking to much, is it? We are actually pleased with the fact that Kevin will no longer do business with us.

I am not going to address every issue that Kevin lied about, but I know the trueth, and so do Kevin and Ken. I am not going to respond to any more of his untruethfull posts on this forum. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to contact me. My number and e-mail is listed here.
Blessings
Ray Hunter