FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Pro Venomoids
Thread: Pro Venomoids
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:30 AM   #24
JuliusSqueezer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
I do know of a bite to an innocent person by an escapee. In Palatine, Ill. an atrox escaped from it's cage on the second floor of an apartment building. It got into the ventilation system and reappearred in a first floor apartment. It was here that it bit a little girl. She survived the bite. This was back in the early 80's. I am personally knowledgable of this tragic event. It could easily have been avoided with proper protocols.
I believe you heard what you heard but I'm betting a lot of assumptions were made on this story. I bet the snake got outside somehow and came in through an open door downstairs in which case it would just be coincidental that a wild timber didn't happen along. If I lived in an apartment and a snake that escaped from a neighbor came slithering out into my apartment through the ducts...well, first of all I guess I'd have a new snake...then I'd be calling the landlord asking why I'm sharing heating and A/C with my neighbors. That should all be seperate systems and no duct work between apartments should be connected with each other...unless it's something more along the line of a boarding house. I hear that alot with apt dwellers..."what if it gets in the ducts and goes to another apartment?" COMPLAIN that your neighbors are stealing your A/C!