FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dave Lawson........
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #7
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Just Curious...

Misty,

I apologize, but I fail to see the importance of this thread. Why I say that is I have probably read almost any posts on the BOI concerning Mr. Lawson, and none besides personal 'garbage' would lead me to believe it be nessacary to post a thread just because he's advertising some animals. If you even look at the advertisment you can see it's pretty up front. It's not like he's selling CH for CB as he clearly states they are farm raised, or it's not like he is claiming they are all feeding, when it also clearly states there was a mix up. The prices seem pretty darn reasonable too. I see no 'red flags' about the advertisment really what so ever. If you think about it, if Dave was really trying to get one over on someone, do you think he would have been so honest in the ad? Also do you think he would have has his home and store phone numbers out therelike that if he was plainly intending to rip peple off? All i'm saying is that, just the fact he advertised some animals is no reason to start a thread just to put a negative shadow on the guy. The BOI is for posting experiences both good and bad with breeders and dealers. I see no 'Bad guy' or 'Good Guy' comments in your post, and no details of any transactions done by you or anyone you know with Mr. Lawson. If he had advertised them as CB, and all feeding and you knew for a fact they were CH and he had a mix up with feeders and non-feeders, then by all means expose it and post away if you have proof. Unlike most of the people whom post about Dave I have actually purchased some of his animals. A friend of mine and myself split a 10 lot of Carpet pythons from Dave at a show. They were THE best priced Carpets I have ever bought, and he promised them all to be healthy and feeding. Neither my friend or myself ever had any complaints about them. It's just my opinion but I just think your post was kind of 'shooting from the hip' if you know what I mean. Just my .02 cents......... Mike B.