FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - nile monitor questions
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #35
MauricesExoticPets
Yes I did, Claudia produced a total of 12 good eggs the year that picture was taken, we had the babies a little over 3 months prior to selling them. Every one has a microchip implanted that tracks back to me so if their is ever any question about where they came from I can answer if they are in fact mine.

I'll let them do the deed again next year.

I'm going to put together some sort of enclosure build thing that should answer any housing questions. Mainly its 12'x4'x20" per nile, that breeding picture was in a tiny 75g I put them in to show our up coming projects and hawk a few bugs. The niles were great that day, we had a spot right at the entrance. Good times.

I've carted Claudia to a few shows in that 75, she tends to ignore everybody for about 5 hours, then its a bit like she gets fed up with it all. That's about when she gets into the hide and just waits out the rest of the show. Sapphire is usually much more active but not real keen on the whole experience, he will do the whole huff and puff deal if anyone touches the 75 at the shows.

I like their different attitudes, it shows people just exactly the best and worse they can expect from an adult nile.

Maurice Pudlo