FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Clark Tucker, Nicole Tucker, and Jackie Tucker of Clark's Geckos- BAD GUYS!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
Crested Lady
Clark Tucker, Nicole Tucker, and Jackie Tucker of Clark's Geckos- BAD GUYS!!!

I have been a distributor of Clark's Diet for quite some time. Historically, I have used their product and had no issues recommending it to others. Today, I called them in regards to a large order I had placed some time back. During the course of our conversation, they mentioned that they were changing an ingredient in the diet. I would like to make it very clear that I do not have an issue with changing ingredients, provided they are analyzed for nutritional quality prior to distribution. I expressed some concern over the change, only to be told that the ingredient was fine, and as justification, they stated to me that they had used the new ingredient repeatedly in the past without notifying distributors or consumers.

Regardless of the nature of the change, I have a HUGE ethical problem retailing something when I am not 100% sure of the contents. The Tucker's sold my customers and I a product after changing the formula and not informing us of the change or bothering to have it analyzed for nutritional value. The previous diet was analyzed by the Feed Analysis Laboratory at the University of Auburn. The new ingredient got no such scientific validation before it was used WITHOUT CONSUMER KNOWLEDGE. Speaking to the manufacturer today, she stated that in times when an ingredient ran out, she would just add this in it's place. While I can understand the necessity behind having to change an ingredient, I CAN NOT in good faith retail a product to MY customers when the producer is involved in unethical and questionable business practices.

I informed the Tuckers that I would like to rescind my order for their product and get my money back. At the time, Mr. Tucker agreed. I immediately went to my site (www.crestedlady.com) and removed the diet from my available product inventory. I posted a vague blanket statement about product quality and expressed my regret that I would no longer be able to carry this product. A few hours later, I received a phone call from the Tuckers which I had to hang up on, due to out of control obscenities and yelling. I sent an e-mail to the Tuckers reminding them that I wanted my funds returned by tomorrow. (Friday September 22, 2006) Their reply to my e-mail denied that they owed me any funds at all (despite the fact that I have PayPal receipts, have received no product, and cancelled my order before anything was shipped), and referred me to their new part owner/business manager... Jackie Tucker. I replied to their e-mail and stated that I just wanted my money back and it would be easier for us both to put this incident behind us, and not have to resort to legal counsel or the BOI.

At 9:30 pm, Jackie Tucker called my residence and stated that in their opinion, the new ingredient was comparable to the old and they would not be returning my funds. Due to the fact that I have neither product or the funds I paid for it, I immediately filed a PayPal claim and turned to the BOI. While I can understand them being upset with the loss of a distributor, that does not justify the theft of $348.60. I have dealt with unhappy customers in the past and am proud to say that in every situation I have done my best to make sure the customer is 100% satisfied. As anyone who has been in this business for any length of time knows, if that means a 100% return of funds, sometimes that's what it takes.

I'd like to make it very clear, I'm not saying Clark's Diet is a health risk for geckos as far as I know. However, until the new ingredient is analyzed, no one can make that call one way or another. What I am saying is that no one should have to receive obscene phone calls, be denied the return of funds that are theirs, or have to be engaged in this sort of dispute with a manufacturer. The reason I, personally, will not EVER do business with the Tucker's again is not that they changed an ingredient... it's that they willfully concealed the truth from their distributors and customers and it is this lack of business ethics that forces me to terminate our business relationship. I made a lot of money selling Clark's Diet every month, and the revenue will be missed, but for me, it is not worth tarnishing my reputation by being involved with fraudulent business people. I feel they do a disservice to our entire community by placing the dollar ahead of customer satisfaction and animal well-being.