FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads)
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #101
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
If that is the case.. then you should understand where Im coming from. I've had real threats at work and inmates coming at me with weapons. We get to carry nothing.. not even spray to protect ourselves. Why would I want to make it easier for them to find me on the outside.
I've heard these kinds of arguments before. And my recommendation has been for those people who fear such things to stay off of the internet. It's not the place for you if you desire to be anonymous or keep yourself hidden from someone.

Quote:
Like I said... I know Im not gonna change the staff's mind. Been thru this before.... but I dang sure aint part of the sheeple crowd that will follow everything blindly without saying something.
So unless you disagree with a change, that makes you a "sheeple"?

Quote:
As Rich pointed out earlier... this change doesn't affect me in the least. I no longer sale animals here because I sold my business. But I do have a right to speak my peace. Do I not?
Depends on your motive and how you present yourself. In any event, it's really not a "right" here at all. It's a privilege granted in most instances. If it were actually a "right" then I could not do anything at all about ANYTHING you say here. I believe you know the difference as well as I do.