FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - prehistoric pet (Jay)
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 07:07 PM   #10
Josh Burm Guy
Sorry, but No. Stolen property is stolen property.

By selling another's snakes, Whitefeather in effect STOLE those snakes. They instantly became "Stolen property". Stolen property must be returned to the rightful owners when it is recovered. Look it up, it's the law in every state. Period. No if's and's or but's.

Quote:
Originally posted by Grace

First of all, doing the right thing depends on what one considers the right thing.

If someone bought a snake from another breeder and thought the deal was legit and didn't know that the snake actually belonged to someone else, why should they give the snake they purchased back to someone they knew nothing about.

In other words, this guy Andy obviously bought a snake from this guy Whitefeather.....Andy thought the deal was legitimate......then one day this other fellow named Will Slough comes along and says....Hey, that's my snake give it back.....Whitefeather didn't have the right to sell you that snake. As far as I can see it is Whitefeather that owes Will Slough either the animal or the money.....not this guy Andy. Will should either buy the animal from Andy and then get reimbursed from Whitefeather or chalk it up to a bad mistake, not to be made again.

This guy Whitefeather has obviously been a moron for a long time and yet eveyone acts like they only just found out.....Why would someone go into business with someone and not look into their reputation?

Then we come to this guy Jay.....if he did a trade with Whitefeather and he thought everything was on the up and up, why is it that he should give back the snake. It is no different than the deal Whitefeather did with the guy Andy. Once again, Slough should get his money or an animal of equal value from Whitefeather....he is the one that has done something wrong.

Sorry Mr. Slough, but the people that are victims of Whitefeathers can't be held responsible for the wrong doings of Whitefeather.
Is there anyone else here on this board that understands what I am trying to say?? And one last thing, I do not know any of the people involved in this whole fiasco....I only know what I have read here on the BOI.

Grace Winchester