FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Habitat for Humanity
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
JColt
The organization is top notch and I donated my services on 3 homes to wire for security system, phone lines and cables for TV/Internet. I actually became a body guard for other workers.

We worked in an area so bad that thugs would just walk in and demand money from the workers. We set it up where each place had at least 2 of us that looked like we might be trouble to stem it. However every night something would be broke or stolen and cars scratched and tires cut.

When I was finished I told them they needed to get out of that area. The manager agreed they messed up accepting those homes. I never went back but I bet those homes look like they did before work was done.

I wish I had more time because I'd love to help them. I did help trouble shoot a problem at one place. Spent maybe 3 hours there. Poor but decent neighborhood with Police and Fire near and decent schools. They really make you feel like an important member of the team and was fun watching kids get excited. I donated an old but very usable pick up a few years back.