FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Finding Melissa Kaplan
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 03:29 PM   #48
Dragondad
Fun

It stuns me that just because someone takes a stance that is against the norm of the world of experience herpers that they all of a sudden become an MK supporter.

It funny but in reading this thread Glen you were the first person to answer the starter in a civil manner. For that none of my statments were directed at you. But others who would rather take the time and effort of typing to prove a point of their feelings for MK rather than truely help with a situation.

Glen take yourself out of the years of experience for a second and you are now a beginner looking to by your first corn snake. You do not know any of the sources you mentioned. You go down to the local Petco or pet shop and buy the snake. Now you dont know who to turn to. Just basic care isnt going to be answered by a vet. I might be by a book, but lets face it people just dont read anymore. All of a sudden MK gets brought up as a place to get info. Why because it is a place to get info. Type Corn Snake into google and what is the first one. This isnt a conspiracy of who "killed the snake" she has taken the time, probably because she has the time to put her "product" out there. You go to KS, and yes KS will come up before fauna will, guess who is there. Maybe AOL or other public forums. The bottom line is the beginner will go through a lot of MK before they ever get to the experience on Fauna.....and look what a person is treated like when the say the dreaded name.

Glen take a test sign up to this forum on a false name and state you need help with info on MK, you will face 10 responces of s**t before someone is civil to you. With that bad taste in your mouth are you going to come back, and are you going to just keep going to the MK site because its easy and no abuse from the experienced crowd.

My feeling is this, especially from certain individuals that as a beginner you will be humiliated for even the idea of MK is right. Look at how you responded to me and I never said she was right. (I know my snakes cant hear but I talk to my pets and I will continue to talk to my snakes they are my pets, since when does that make me an MK supporter) Until people guit trying to impress each other and deal with putting a product into peoples hands that is as name worthy as MK she will always be the one that refered to by other less knowledgable sources. And for gods sake when someone asks dont make them feel like fool for doing so.